Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I'm awake!

Today I learned that kindergarten students know I'm asleep before I do. This year I'm an aide in the kindergarten at my children's elementary school.  This afternoon when I had come into the classroom after my lunch break, I was extra tired. I'm usually more sluggish after lunch than in the morning, but today was impossible! 

As I sat at a table with 4 students working on a math sheet, I was helping them learn the number "10". When they finished their assignment, they colored the picture on their worksheet. Before I knew it, I heard the sweet little voice of student say, "Mrs. Ginger is asleep". With that, I snapped my eyes open (not realizing they were closed) and replied, "no I'm not, I'm just really tired".  About 15 minutes later after I had helped pack up the class they were all sitting on their big carpet listening to their teacher while I bided the time until I left to do crossing guard duties. As I patiently waited for the hands on the clock to turn I hear a second sweet voice quietly say, "look, she's asleep again". That did it, I was on my feet in a flash with eyes wide open. 

The things I learn in Kindergarten. 

1 comment:

  1. Good thing there are no kindergartners in my cube at 10:00 while doing data entry - they would tell on me too.

    ReplyDelete