Tuesday, January 1, 2013

How the Sweetness Was Born...

The past couple years have been a bit rough for us as a family with many trials and much loss.  The inspiration for this blog came a few months ago when I was with my family at a church sponsored Fall fair.   As I looked at my 4 year old Sophia standing in line at her 856th booth that night at the fair I saw a beautiful (sometimes infuriating) child with both her pockets stuffed to overflowing with candy and prizes won at the previous 855 game booths.  She also had a Dum Dum lollipop sticking out of her crooked smile mouth.  That little moment became intimate for me as I couldn't help but feel so much joy for all the sweet experiences that have stood strong through all the sour ones that the past years have dealt us.  I began thinking that there are people just like me out there who might need a smile or a laugh to help them through the day.  Joy in this sometimes sour world can be found in the everyday activities of humankind.  There is sweetness to be shared and I'm going to do that.  I will bring you the pockets full of candy that put a smile on my face that Autumn night.

5 comments:

  1. I can't hardly wait to hear the goodies you will share! I miss being a part of them so much it hurts sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm with Lucinda! Can't wait to read these gems!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea - Bring on the good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so cute. I can't wait to read all of your stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited to check out your blog. You are such a fun lady!

    ReplyDelete