Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Mom? Twice as Nice

I finally joined the Hi-Tech revolution and got myself a smart phone (even though I feel it was not so smart as it will double my monthly phone bill). Anyhoo, with my new "smart" device my 12 (almost 13) year old daughter, Audrey, inherited my old phone as a Christmas gift... let the texting begin! A bit to my surprise, my 7 year old son who was discussed in a previous post has taken quite a shine to my new toy. In fact, I'm pretty sure he spends more time on it than I do. He wears the battery down to pretty much nothing each night & when I can't find it, all I have to do is call my number and I usually find it in his hot little hands. A couple days ago during one of his hijacking moments he was texting Audrey which he does frequently. I was sittting on the couch next to him while his little fingers were busy finding the letters to make strange nonsense texts to his big sister when to his surprise he got an incoming text from "Mom". His wide eyes looked up quick at me and said, "MOM?". He knew he had my phone and that there was nothing in my hands. In a split second he realized that there was no way for me to send a text to myself when he had my phone. His confused demeanor made me snicker as I replied, "Yeah, MY Mom! You know, GiGi". "Oh" was his response. He flipped that over a few times in his little mind before he returned to his flying fingers and those oh so important text messages. That moment when you realize that your Mom has a Mom. Too funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment