Thursday, January 17, 2013

I Think You're Beautiful.

My fabulous mother is a music therapist. She has a business where she contracts with local school districts to do pre-literacy through music with pre-k through 1st grades. It's always a good time working with children. They say the darnedest things!

Today my mom had just finished singing & signing a really cute song with a pre-school class about how wonderful & beautiful they are. At the end of the song my mom heard a little boy mutter, "I don't think you're beautiful."

I think that almost tops what a 3rd grader told me about 3 months ago while I was helping him with a reading assignment. He looked at my face real close then stated very seriously with a true concern in his voice, "Oh no, you are getting a little old. Not a lot but just a little because you are getting some wrinkles." He was pointing to the corner's of his eyes.

Yes, kids say the darnedest things!

No comments:

Post a Comment